Get to know me in 7
- Name and job title: Fran Gesimba – Wilderness Kenya Regional Travel Shop Manager.
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Passionate about my work and career, a believer in endless possibilities, and emotionally intelligent.
- Favourite things to do in your spare time: Sing gospel music, go on church retreats, visit the sick, go mountain climbing, reading inspirational books.
- What talent/superpower would you love to have: To better understand people even if they don’t understand me. The superpower to grow trees and make the world a greener place.
- Favourite wild animal and why: Impala, as they can jump very high, are a unique colour and for the remarkable speed they can run (over 60 km/h!). For the impala, every day is a new day and they strive to achieve and do their best in the wild. Carnivores hunt impala for food, but the impala does not give up and ask “Why me? I am hunted by predators and always need to look at ways to overcome the dangers that come with being in the bush”.
- An accomplishment that you are proud of: Being a part of the team who established our Wilderness footprint in Kenya, and rebranding Governors’ in the space of nine months. Onboarding a new, culturally diverse team across various departments.
- Tell us one story/memory that you have while working at Wilderness: The wonder of how fast the Wilderness business is growing. How positively the market has received our new brand. Knowing how big the brand is and that everyone wants to be associated with Wilderness, makes me proud. I have come to learn that Wilderness is a people’s company that places its employees before profits. They care about their staff in the business.
Thank you for sharing your story with us Fran!