- Name and job title – Jaffary Saimon Mhina, Wilderness Usawa Serengeti Camp Manager
- Describe yourself in 3 words – Friendly, athletic and charming
- Favourite hobbies – Playing football and reading books
- What talent/superpower would you love to have – Being able to inspire people to love one another and live peacefully
- Favourite wild animal and why – Elephant, because I feel they are so elegant and have a memory that most people can dream of, and the beauty is they are family animals always
- What have you accomplished in the last year that you are proud of – The BIG one for me now is to see my Mum happy
- Tell us one story/memory that stands out for you while working at Wilderness – Aaah, this is a fun one during a football match with the Magashi staff. I was playing and everyone was talking to me in Kinyarwanda. I couldn’t understand what were they saying but I kept telling myself I need to do better and learn the language quickly. All ended well at the end of the game, I learned to say murokoze cyane (thank you very much) and it felt so good. But I don’t know why I was thinking I could learn a language and run at the same time.
Thank you for sharing your story with us Jaffary!
Image – Jaffary (third from the left) with the Magashi team.