- Name and Job title: Dineo Moithopedi, known as ‘’Mma Ma Jo’’ – General Manager of Chitabe and Chitabe Lediba in Botswana.
- Describe yourself in 3 words: I am a hardworking, loving and honest person.
- Favourite hobbies: I like watching movies and doing exercise.
- What talent/super power would you love to have: To have great mental powers.
- Favourite local place to visit or food to eat: The local place I enjoy visiting at home, in Kasane, is Old House or Thebe Safari Lodge, as they make nice pizza for lunch. The best dinner is at Chobe Safari Lodge.
- What have you accomplished in the last year that you are proud of: I am proud of myself because I have worked hard to become General Manager.
- Tell us one story/memory that you have while working at Wilderness: I will never forget the first day I arrived at Chitabe, the 12th of March 2004, which also happened to be my birthday. I was given the full guest welcome – complete with singing and an arrival drink. After settling into my new room, I met the rest of the team in the main area and I could hear a group of staff singing in the dining room. Ray, the Concession Manager led me to the dining room to join in, only to find out that the song all the staff were singing was a birthday song for me! What a wonderful surprise. It made me feel so welcome and that Chitabe would indeed be my home away from home. I was officially a member of the Chitabe family. Every year since then, if I am in camp on 12 March, Chitabe sends in a Black Forest cake for my birthday, for us all to share in celebration.
Thank you for sharing your story with us Dineo!